July 5, 2010

Lemonade

I had a chef (not my husband) tell me making sweet lemonade was hard to make. It wasn't the lemonade part he was referring to, it was the making it sweet. It's not! I'm not trying to brag, but I just made the best lemonade I've ever tasted. It's all about the simple syrup. It surprises me that I've never made simple syrup before. Just like the name...it's simple!

I used:
1 cup sugar, 1 cup water to make the simple syrup. We buy organic sugar from Costco.
1 cup of fresh lemonade and water. I used a juicer which makes this part really easy.
I unfortunately didn't measure the water. I just filled the pitcher.
Yumm-good!



Since I love lemonade so much, I'm going to try using brown sugar with blue agave next time to help decrease my sugar intake.

No comments:

Post a Comment