July 30, 2011

Cinnamon Pull Apart Bread



Earlier this year I joined a group Artisan Bread Bakers on Facebook in hopes to do their monthly challenge. Well....here it is July and I finally did a monthly challenge. I'm so glad I did! July's monthly challenge was Cinnamon Pull Apart bread and it was divine! Definitely not the bread to have around the house while on a healthy diet. It didn't make it past 2 days in our house, and there's only two of us.

The recipe I used is from here. The recipe itself is fairly easy. The assembly may seem daunting, but is actually easier and not as time consuming as it may seem. I've included a few tips here that may be helpful.



Dough Ingredients: all-purpose flour, sugar, yeast, salt, unsalted butter, milk, water, vanilla extract and eggs.



The recipe says to combine the flour, sugar, yeast and salt, but I first mixed the yeast with the flour and then added the sugar and salt.  If the yeast comes in direct contact with the salt, it will kill the yeast. I'm sure it'll come out just fine following the recipe instructions, this is just a tip I've learned and it's become a habit.



Pretty dough. :) I'm sure I've mentioned this before, I let dough rise on top of the refrigerator due to it usually being a bit warmer in this area.

I forgot to take a picture of the beautiful rise, but here it is outside of the proofing container.






Filling: sugar, ground cinnamon, grated nutmeg, unsalted butter

I used a shaker for the mixture for easier sprinkling.



The mixture is far too delicious to let any go to waste, so I used a pastry brush to sweep up the spill over and sprinkled on top.



Yes, I measured perfectly. ;)



The stacking is a bit challenging since the dough is so soft. I used a palate knife (cake frosting spreader) to lift the strips which was very helpful. I then slid the pile closer to the next strip after each layer was stacked. A little sweep-up of the filling mixture that fell off and add back on top after each layer.



Disaster almost happened. Be sure to have your loaf pan ready to go and within arms reach. I didn't! I tried to get creative making sure my stacked pieces didn't tumble over.....it didn't work. No pieces fell to the floor and all was saved though. *whew*



Simply divine!!! I'll be making this bread again (and again)!



3 comments:

  1. Beautiful post. Love the step by step pics. Looks absolutely delicious. I will have to share this one with my mom. Thanks! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Linda! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. drool! looks so good. will have to try this.

    ReplyDelete