February 3, 2012

Guinness Cupcakes, New Look & Super Bowl


Guinness and chocolate! What is not too love. I'm making these yummy cupcakes for Super Bowl Sunday. Stay-tuned for the recipe. I want to try out the recipe one more time before sharing.


Cute little footballs. Why not, it's Super Bowl. :)

As you can tell, the new blog is finally done! Here's hoping the new look brings more posts. ha! As much as I love blogging, I have a heck of a time keeping up with it. I cook and bake pretty constantly, so my lack of blogging is not due to me staying out of the kitchen. It's the sitting down, uploading the images, editing them, and then finally.....writing the post. I know, so many others do it. It's not that difficult. I think I just need to let go of some of my perfectionism when it comes to photos and the writing. If anyone has any tips on how they stay on top of blogging, please feel free to share. :)

So, back to Super Bowl. I just got into football this year. I've never disliked football, just never really followed it. My sport has pretty much always been hockey. Football will probably never measure up to hockey ;), but now that I understand it, it's pretty exciting. Especially since I now have a team. I already can't wait till next season. And in case you're wondering....I'm a Bronco fan! Makes sense right? [I live in Colorado for anyone who may not know.] Since they're not in the Super Bowl this year, we'll be rooting for the Giants.

Now back to food! Football's great and all, but you gotta have good food. Here's what's on our Super Bowl menu:
Soft Pretzels
Buffalo chicken pizza
Margarita pizza
Parmesan garlic popcorn
Truffle popcorn
2 Salsas (mild & hot)
Guacamole
Guinness chocolate cupcakes

I tested out a soft pretzel recipe, and are they good!!! It is dangerous to be left alone with these in the house. I first ate one with Dijon mustard. I then justified eating another one because I had to try one with Plochman's mustard. The next day I even tried a pretzel with a fried egg! Not healthy, but so delicious!


Here's the recipe I used: Alton Brown's Soft Pretzel Recipe

We're also having a chili cook-off! Truly the best part. I can't wait to try all the different chilli. The winner even gets this cute little trophy and a prize.



If you know me, you're not surprised there's a trophy. lol

Next post will be the Guinness Cupcake recipe, so be sure to check back. :)

2 comments:

  1. Why!!!! why must you live so far away? :(
    Great post. The menu for your superbowl party sounds amazing. Wish I could enter my chili to win that cute trophy. Also, I really love the new look and feel to your blog. Keep 'em coming lady!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda! Hey you could ship your chili. ;) LOL

      Delete