March 13, 2012

F T W Margaritas




This post took longer to get to than planned. I actually lost my notes, so I had to make another batch. Darn. ;)



I made this margarita mix for super bowl and it was a hit! There wasn't a drop left. It's so simple to make and all you need is tequila, limeade, and oranges (or orange juice).

Recipe 1/2 batch (makes a little more than 1/2 gallon)
Approximately 6-8 servings
1 12oz can of frozen Minute Maid Limeade
3 oranges (or 3/4 cup orange juice and 1 orange)
1 1/2 cup to 2 cups tequila
Water

Recipe full batch (makes a little more than 1 gallon)
Approximately 12-16 servings
2 12oz cans of frozen Minute Maid Limeade
4 oranges (or 1 1/2 cups orange juice and 1 orange)
3 cups to 3 1/2 cups tequila
Water

Directions:
Empty limeade into margarita container and add 4 cans of water per can. Stir till frozen limeade is fully dissolved. Squeeze or juice all but one orange. (I have a juicer, so this part is easy. If you don't have a juicer, just use bought orange juice. If the oranges aren't sweet, I would also then use bought orange juice.) Add tequila and mix. I use the lower amount of tequila, but if you like it stronger, add more. Slice the left over orange and add to mix. Salt glass and serve over ice.




Voila...for the win margaritas!

If you want to splurge, you can of course add triple sec instead of or an addition to the orange juice. I would add 3/4 cup for the half batch, and 1 1/3 cup for a full batch.



If you want to keep it cold and you've made a batch a head of time, before you add the tequila, add some of the mix to ice cub trays to freeze. This way you can add ice but it doesn't get watered down. I used the above container for the full batch I made for super bowl. I then forgot to take any pictures of it. :/ It looked so pretty too!

Perfect for a big get together, or just having a few friends over. Add chips and salsa and you're set!

5 comments:

  1. Perfect drink for an outdoor party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great help.
    Thanks for your effort. I am getting useful information from your blog. Keep it up.
    Best margaritas in del mar ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is Mr Benjamin contact Email details, 247officedept@gmail.com. /  Or Whatsapp +1 989-394-3740 that helped me with loan of 90,000.00 Euros to startup my business and I'm very grateful,It was really hard on me here trying to make a way as a single mother things hasn't be easy with me but with the help of Mr Benjamin put smile on my face as i watch my business growing stronger and expanding as well.I know you may surprise why me putting things like this here but i really have to express my gratitude so anyone seeking for financial help or going through hardship with there business or want to startup business project can see to this and have hope of getting out of the hardship..Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a very simple big batch cocktail and perfect to serve at any backyard BBQ to share with friends. It calls for simple ingredients. I used my favorite orange juice when mixing this up and it was wonderful! My guests agreed, this cocktail is FTW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you saying to add 8 cans of water? (4 for each can of limeade)

    ReplyDelete