July 8, 2010

Cucumber Celery Juice & Cucumber Dip

We juice a lot in our household. I've been asked a few times if I think juicing is better than a Vitamix. Well, in my professional opinion...ha! Who am I kidding. I'm not a professional, I just like the way it sounds. My opinion is, they are both nutritionally good for you. Although there are strong opinions on both sides. The main difference is how the juice from each is absorbed into your body. The body actually handles juice different when mixed with pulp. Juice with pulp is digested the same way food is, which is a longer more energy consumed process. When you take the pulp out, the nutrients from the juice can pass directly into the blood stream, which happens to be why I personally like the juicer better. We also own a blender, so I can always blend some juice. Although the Vitamix is far more advanced than your regular blender, and also a lot more expensive. If you prefer a Vitamix, you can always strain the juice to remove the pulp . We have a Breville Juice Fountain Plus. It's probably are most used kitchen appliance.

Now for my cucumber celery juice. Not really much more to say besides it's a really tasty and refreshing drink.



Prep, juice, pulp.



I thought I'd try a cucumber dip with the pulp. It came out okay. Just okay. It was good, but something was missing. I'm just not sure what. I'm going to work on it some more the next time I juice a cucumber.



Ingredients: non-fat yogurt, cucumber pulp, celery pulp, oregano, marjoram, rosemary, fennel, fresh basil, salt and pepper.



A squeeze of lemon.



I ran out of my homemade chips. My husband said it reminded him of hummus, so now I of course want to make hummus.

Tomorrow I'll be posting my grilled flatbread experience! Can you sense the excitement?

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the good work , I read few posts on this web site and I conceive that your blog is very interesting and has sets of fantastic information.
    juicing for beginners

    ReplyDelete